Braidwood & Villages Tourism invites you to join a vital organisation that has the power to improve the economic health of Braidwood & Villages, and surrounding Shire.
Braidwood & Villages Tourism is a community-based committee of Palerang Council, and while partly funded by Council is dependent on membership fees to fund a variety of projects.
* In 1978 a Visitor Information Centre (VIC) was established in the National Theatre and is staffed by trained volunteers. The VIC has computer, printer and Internet access. Braidwood's Visitor Centre is often the first point of contact for visitors and prospective visitors. Enquiries are received from all over the country as well as from overseas.
* The VIC was accredited as an Accredited Tourism Business in November 2005 and displays the ‘tick’ of the Tourism Industry Council.
* Over the last few years Braidwood & Villages have been advertised in a number of publications including "The Canberra Times", "Town & Country" Newspaper and "Capital Country" Maps.
The advantages of being a member are:
* Full voting rights at monthly meetings
* Preferential advertising and promotion for your business in advertising programs
* Full listing in the Business and Accommodation Guide on the Tourism website, including images, description, contact details and links to email/web site, and
* a 7 day a week VIC recommendation of your business to visitors.